Saturday, December 27, 2014

Great Expectations

Hello all,
I decided to start this blog to think about and share some of the experiences I will have over this Immersion in 2015.
It is currently 2:45 am on the last Saturday of the year, and I am writing from Concorde Hotel in Doha, Qatar.  Today, I have to make the flight to Dhaka, and my wake up time is around 5.  I should sleep, but I simply can't do it anymore.  Around half-an-hour ago, all of a sudden, a wave of anticipation and hunger overcame my thoughts to the point where all the baggage accumulated from the journey of the past two days seemed to vanish.  There was then an entirely new set of emotions at hand.  At that, I went to the restroom (more specifically, the bathtub) and read a chapter of Great Expectations by Charles Dickens: the chapter where Pip finds out that he is going to inherit a fortune.
I might be misinterpreting it, but I am like Pip in that I have Great Expectations.  There is potentially a fortune of knowledge and wisdom to inherit in the experiences laying ahead.

Great Expectations, on top of the notebook in which I will draft and transcribe these blog posts lying in a bathtub
In our Immersion meeting last December 8th, I wrote in my free write that my primary goal is to become wiser.  Wiser about the process of thought, wiser about the role of relationships, and wiser about how the world works, just to name a few.  They are all connected, regardless, and sum up everything in some variation or another.
Hopefully, the experiences I have will start something in my mind: a new rooting of my passions.
But those are all selfish ideals: this blog is more about you, and what you make of it.  I'll tell you what I can: try to leave this blog open ended, and you can take it for what you will.
Let's get started.

Thank you for reading,
   Ahsem Kabir

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ahsem, for allowing us to follow your heart and head on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I wish you all the safety and success..

    ReplyDelete