Sunday, January 11, 2015

Transition: The Nature of the Next Few Entries

Hello people,
Today's post is not going to be very long and will serve as a transition into the topics I'll be considering for the next few entries.
The past four days have been a recession from volunteering at schools.  I was only planning to take a two day weekend, however, I was sick yesterday, and today, there is what we call a 'hortal', or political demonstration, in which everything apart from offices shuts down through out Dhaka. Some hortals are more serious than others, and today's hortal, from what I've heard, is one of the benign ones. To get a general idea of what a hortal is like, watch this seven-minute political satire video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EpfXQ2U11E.

Hortal-13-BG-72520130405222505
Hortal
In regards to what I have been doing for the school, I have been making presentations for the children on various subjects.  For example, on Friday, I made a presentation about cars, and on Saturday, I made one about plants and animals. Last week, I also made a reading comprehension exercise about a short story called 'The Tiler'.
Making 'The Tiler'
The next few entries, as I see them right now, will be less explicit in nature, concerned with big ideas that stem from small encounters.  Of course, nothing here is written in stone.  In fact, nothing here is written at all: it is typed.  However, that is the direction I foresee for the blog. This is because the tangible nature of my volunteering has been aptly summed up in the past entry, with a few small exceptions I will still keep you up to date on.  So what we have to do now is give it all some significance by returning to those great expectations mentioned at the very beginning of this blog.
I'll get started on that next entry, but until then:

Best wishes,
   Ahsem Kabir

No comments:

Post a Comment